adding optipng to extras

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sun Jul 2 15:16:58 UTC 2006

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 2. Juli 2006 17:04 schrieb Jonathan Underwood:
> On 02/07/06, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> > I would like to package OptiPNG for Extras
> > (http://optipng.sourceforge.net/). It is a PNG-optimizer and converter
> > that tries to compress pngs the best way possible. It uses own version of
> > zlib to get a better compression and pnglib to even work. Can it be added
> > to Extras anyways?

> Have you read the instructions for contributing to FE? They can be found
> here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Contributors

yes, thanks for your comment, actually I was refering to the Guidelines in my
first email. Sorry, that I did not make this clear.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-17396a3b06ec849a7c0c6fc3243673b17e5fed90
says that packages should not include their own version of a library. This is
what OptiPNG does. Does this block OptiPNG from beeing added to Extras?

Regards,
Till