Azureus/gcj x86_64

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Wed Jul 5 05:43:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 09:13 +1000, David Timms wrote:
> On FC5, I couldn't get either limewire or azureus to run with gcj. Went
> with the sun rpm.bins and both works fine. You obviously got further
> than I did.

Are you actually running the azureus from Fedora Extras?

What does "rpm -qf /usr/bin/azureus" say?

Older unpackaged versions of azureus didn't run on gcj because they used
proprietary Sun extensions to the java platform.  I fixed all this in
the FE version and got my changes accepted upstream.  Very new versions
should run, but I recommend running the FE packaged release.

AG