next FESCo meeting agenda.

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Jul 5 13:33:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 09:49:01 +0100, Paul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I also think that "a maintainer isn't answering their bugs, not answering
> > rebuild requests, emails or the like" opens a bit too much for interpretation.
>
> It also has a problem. I've been out of things for about 10 days, which
> means that I have an anjuta bug which is over 2 weeks old. I'm also
> waiting on an upstream response for a bug problem, so it's slow going.
> The bug is still being worked on, but hasn't been fixed.

I fail to see where this is relevant, It is not an issue when there has
been activity in the ticket previously and it becomes clear that a fix is
"hard" or does not exist yet. Starting the AWOL procedure without being
able to fix the bug doesn't sound likely.

> You also have the problem of folks being on holiday. It's not unusual in
> the UK for people to vanish for 2 - 3 weeks.

So what? While on vacation, one of your packages may need the attention.
It's best to have co-maintainers.

> Some bugs are also much bigger than first thought. z88dk on 64 bit being
> one such example. It is still being worked on, but the problem is that
> the code generated isn't happy fully, so it's not in a state that I
> would want to see released.

Same as with above anjuta bug.