File conflicts in Fedora Extras Development

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Jul 12 16:30:48 UTC 2006

Michael Schwendt wrote:

> uw-imap-2004g-4.fc5.2.i386.rpm
>   File conflict with: /etc/pam.d/imap
>   File conflict with: /etc/pam.d/pop
>   File conflict with: /usr/share/man/man8/imapd.8.gz
>   => Package conflicts with: cyrus-imapd - 2.3.1-2.6.fc5.i386

Hmm... Not sure how best to fix this, probably rename the offending files to
use a uw- prefix.  I'd ask that cyrus-imapd do something similar.

> uw-imap-devel-2004g-4.fc5.2.i386.rpm
>   => All file names in this package are found in the repository elsewhere!
>   => Package conflicts with: libc-client-devel - 2004g-2.2.i386

Known, which is why this package already includes:
Conflicts: libc-client-devel
A smarter version of this script could probably omit bits already marked
with a Conflicts: tag.  (:

-- Rex