Wiki not editable?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Sat Jul 15 19:39:45 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 19:49 +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> But "this path" continued when completely unrelated people did distorting
> changes to my documents without asking me first. When ACLs (which are
> unavailable for me) are required to protect pages, then I can use licenses
> to protect my copyright.

Enrico, it's a wiki.  A friggin wiki.  The whole idea is that people can
edit pages.  It's both a blessing and a curse.

Now obviously it is polite to discuss changes with the original author,
but there is nothing requiring that to be done.  If you don't want
people making changes to pages _you_ write, then I suggest putting them
under your own user page in the wiki.

josh