Cross-compilers.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Jul 23 13:16:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 00:57 +1200, Michael J. Knox wrote:
> I think some cross compilers would be a good idea. I already use arm
> regularly and will shortly have a need for nesC and some AVR cross
> tools. If they are candidates for extras, I don't know.

I don't really see why not.

> I do now there was some discuss, which remains unresolved, as to the
> naming convention to use for cross tool chain packages.

Does it matter? Far too much masturbation goes on around here.

> David Woodhouse wrote:
> > Stuff like crosstool makes it relatively simple, but it's still slow --

I take that back, btw -- I've been fighting crosstool for a while this
morning and I still haven't managed to build a simple ppc->i686
crosscompiler. And I don't even want glibc -- I _only_ want to build
kernels. Not that that seems to be an option.

The whole incestuous gcc/libgcc/libc thing needs to be fixed up and made
relatively sane -- but that's outside the scope of this discussion, I
suppose.

--
dwmw2