hard time finding packages really for review

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jul 26 20:47:15 UTC 2006

PD> So I think that it could be nice to have the possibility to add
PD> more information to submitted packages, such that potential
PD> reviewers don't spend too much time searching were they could be
PD> usefull.

Well, first there's FE-GUIDELINES to indicate packages which are
blocked on guidelines; a couple of the oldest packages are blocking
that right now.

Lately people have been using NEEDINFO_REPORTER which seems to work
well to indicate that the package is waiting on the submitter to do
something (and has the added benefit of showing up in the dependency
tree query).  Some of us have gone through and closed bugs that are
obviously stalled out.  You're of course welcome to do that as well.

What other information would you want that you can't just add in a
comment?  If you really want additional formalism, I suppose you can
write up a proposal but I'm not sure that making things any more
complicated would actually help in any way.  Personally I haven't seen
the need for much more than FE-NEW and looking at the last comment to
see what's up.

 - J<