Mock Problems with OpenSceneGraph Package

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Jun 3 04:46:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 19:48 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> I am trying to make a spec file which uses OpenSceneGraph, but some
> really strange things are happening.  When the Producer package is
> installed under mock, it appears that ldconfig is not called which
> creates a mock build error for my package.
>
> I have examined the OpenSceneGraph spec file here:
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph.spec?root=extras&rev=1.11&view=markup
>
> I notice that in one place they use "%name" instead of "%{name}" but I
> don't know if that causes any harm because the dependency seems to
> work regardless.
Nope, this doesn't apply. %{name} is the escaped form of %name. Both are
supposed to be equivalent.

> In addition in the Producer section, they call ldconfig in the
> %install section, is this bad,
In a perfect world: No.

>  and could this be causing the problems?
No, it isn't the cause, but ... the links appear reversed, which causes
*.so to be the actual library, and *.so.1 to be links to *.so.

=> Something is broken in this package's libraries' SONAMES handling.

... to be investigated ...

Ralf