unable to use mock

cranium2003 cranium2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 13:42:37 UTC 2006

http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:

baseurl=http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386

baseurl=http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os

http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/plague-results/development/repodata/repomd.xml:
> > [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006
> > 12:32:12 GMT
> > Server: Apache/2.0.52
> > Trying other mirror.
> > Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository:
> local
> > failure: repodata/repomd.xml from local: [Errno
> 256]
> > No more mirrors to try.
> > Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from local:
> [Errno
> > 256] No more mirrors to try.
> >
> >      Attaching my

/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386-core/root/etc/yum.conf

baseurl=http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/plague-results/development/

> to:

baseurl=http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/plague-results/fedora-development-extras/

 did that and then i gave
 yum --installroot
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386-core/root
groupinstall build-minimal build-base build

and since 20 min its doing nothing neither show any
error nor any messages.
   Also nobody here is talking about where to change
exactly in /etc/mock/fedora-5-i386-core.cfg OR in
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386/root/etc/yum.conf
as chnage in one is not going to propogate in other,
so i chnaged at both files local section with keeping
other as it is with change of adding os in mirror

ohh while writing this mail i finally got some output
from that command and its nothing but its chosen to
update 140 packages of 116M. so whats that command
doing exactly? and does that mean when i do
su - build
and will give
mock -r fedora-5-i385-core.cfg foo.src.rpm will give
me some output and not a error?