Reverting package to a previous

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jun 6 21:57:36 UTC 2006

VS> There's also a precedent of naming stuff like this as compat-foo,
VS> and I think it's generally preferred over version based suffixing
VS> nowadays, at least when there's no intention to keep permanently
VS> shipping many versions of something.

Naming here seems to be ill-defined; we have both
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5.i386 (compat-name-ver-ver-release}
and compat-db-4.2.52-4.i386 (compat-name-ver-release).  I guess
compat-erlang-R10B-1.fc5.i386 makes the most sense.

VS> Yet another case to the pile of recent incompatible upgrades :(

Yes, this is OK in rawhide but scary in the release branches.

 - J<