mock problem

Gabriel L. Somlo somlo at cmu.edu
Wed Jun 7 02:20:52 UTC 2006

Message: 11
To: fedora-extras <fedora-extras-list at redhat.com>

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006, paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk wrote:

> I'm issuing mock like this
>
> mock -r fedora-development-i386-core.cfg
> rpmbuild/SRPMS/xsp-1.1.15-2.src.rpm
>
> mocks starts fine and then gives
>
> init
> clean
> prep
> This may take a while
> Error performing yum command: /usr/sbin/mock-helper yum
> --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386-core/root
> groupinstall build build-minimal build-base local
> ending

Same here. When I

	cat /var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386-core/result/root.log

I get

http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/perl-XML-SAX-0.14-1.noarch.rpm:
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Content-Length: 345

This means the repodata xml file lists a version higher than the
latest available in the repo itself. Possibly a botched rsync job, but
it happens with more than one mirror (I personally tried both
extras64.linux.duke.edu and mirrors.kernel.org, with the same
results).

HTH,
Gabriel