Hula -- mixed mono package

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Wed Jun 7 06:19:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 19:59 +0100, Paul wrote:
> > Also -- a bit more explanation of why mono apps need to go in /usr/lib
> > is in order b/c the Core packages tomboy and beagle end up
> > in /usr/lib64/ on an x86_64.
>
> They don't need to go in there. However, if you have a package which
> builds on them (for example, MonoDevelop [ 178904 ] needs boo [ 189092 ]
> amongst others), the configure script may not pick them up correctly. By
> having them all in /usr/lib, you can be assured that the package will be
> found. It's not the best way of doing things, but until things become
> saner with mono and how it's set up and how it looks for things...

What's the easiest set of packages (preferably two already in Extras but
I'll look at something under review if there isn't a whole stack of
dependencies) that shows what the problem is?  Since mono applications
in Core reside in %{_libdir} and Core's mono libraries only
put .dll, .exe, and GAC files in %{_prefix}/lib/ (pkgconfig and
ELF .so's go into %{_libdir}) I think there's something not quite right
about the wiki's statement of problem and the "%define _libdir
%{_prefix}/lib" solution.

-Toshio