Security Patch in netpanzer (question)

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Fri Jun 9 15:20:37 UTC 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 11:32, Hugo Cisneiros wrote:
> On Friday 09 June 2006 05:11, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Otherwise I would try to find the exact patch fixing this and
> > backporting it, upgrading to a snapshot might cause all kinda problems
> > including network protocol incompatibilities.
>
> I'll try to do this... It will be much difficult because I'm not a
> programmer, but I'll try beggining now ;-) Thanks for your reply.

I found a patch from Gentoo here:

http://mirror.etf.bg.ac.yu/gentoorsync/games-strategy/netpanzer/files/netpanzer-0.8-min-size-check.patch

I tested and it fixes the vulnerability! Now I'm gonna package the new
release :-)

--
[]'s
Eitch

http://www.devin.com.br/eitch/
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds