rpms/poker-eval/FC-4 poker-eval.spec,1.8,1.9

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 05:26:29 UTC 2006

On 6/9/06, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> Pardon, you find it unfair to ask people to think about what he is
> doing? You find it's appropriate to resort to bureaucracy?

I resent being told that I don't think about what I am doing.  The
reason I added this was because it looked cleaner than the DESTDIR
thing and I saw it being used on many other packages that were
packaged by people who have more experience at packaging than I do.
How am I supposed to know that this is an anachronism especially if it
is not mentioned anywhere in the guidelines?

I definately think this should be mentioned in the guidelines even if
it means resorting to "bureaucracy".

I will change my spec files back to using the DESTDIR method, but
please do not accuse me of being thoughless for using %makeinstall.