rrdtool query

Noticed this morning, that my perl based rrdtool-scripts had stopped
working during the night, due to rrdtool being updated. I found out that
the rrdtool package had been split into sub packages, and that I needed
perl-rrdtool. Installed it and now it works as before.

I have a question. Why do these subpackages have the following names:

perl-rrdtool
php-rrdtool
python-rrdtool

Why not