FE Package Status of Jun 18, 2006

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Jun 18 09:18:44 UTC 2006

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 13:29:31 +1200, Michael J. Knox wrote:

> Owners file stats:

>   - 43 packages not available in extras devel or release

What is this based on?

The list contains many packages which are NOT included anymore on
purpose. Either obsoleted or not needed anymore (and mind you, we don't
have any meta package where to put global obsoletes forever). At least
these need not be put into this report:

>      andreas at bawue dot net                   dd_rescue
>      bugs dot michael at gmx dot net            libgcrypt1
>      denis at poolshark dot org                 gtkmm20
>      denis at poolshark dot org                 libgnomemm20
>      denis at poolshark dot org                 libglademm20
>      denis at poolshark dot org                 libgnomecanvasmm20
>      denis at poolshark dot org                 libgnomeuimm20
>      denis at poolshark dot org                 gconfmm20
>      dennis at ausil dot us                     cryptplug
>      fedora at leemhuis dot info                alsa-firmware
>      mattdm at mattdm dot org                   wxPythonGTK2
>      matthias at rpmforge dot net               php-pecl-pdo
>      matthias at rpmforge dot net               php-pecl-sqlite
>      matthias at rpmforge dot net               php-pecl-pdo-sqlite
>      matthias at rpmforge dot net               php-mmcache
>      nomis80 at nomis80 dot org                 juk

>      wtogami at redhat dot com                  openoffice-extras

Files merged into Core package long ago.

>      davidhart at tqmcube dot com               leafnode

Smells like a AWOL maintainer.

>   - 5 packages which have not yet been FE-APPROVE'd...
>
>       Openbox                                  Peter Gordon
>     https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_id=165689,184080

A false positive? This is a resurrection attempt. owners.list only
contains the very old entry from fedora.us era.