Clarification on Packaging Guidelines

Eric Work work.eric at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:47:52 UTC 2006

 > The open question here would be: Should dlopen'ed plugins in $libdir
 > be allowed?

Actually my question was for a standard shared library package.  This is
a GTK widget called 'gtkdatabox' which is currently in bugzilla as a
review request (#196529).  I have a normal package which has
libgtkdatabox.so.* then the -devel package with the headers, pkgconfig
files, and .so symlinks.  According to previous responses, since the .so
files are symlinked the %pre/%postun are not needed.  Maybe it is clear
but I got confused somewhere in the process.

Thanks,
Eric