Still source not found :Prep Error (Job 5672): l2tpd-0_69-0_3_20051030_fc5 on fedora-development-extras (fwd)

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Mar 2 18:58:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 00:17 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:57:30 +0100 (CET), Paul Wouters wrote:
> >

> > > AFAIK the "sources" file is correct, listing the tar ball and the patches.
> > > 'make srpm' also builds a source rpm fine.
> > >
> > > I do not know how to fix this.
> >
> > The "sources" file is broken. Verify yourself:
> >
> >   cvs co -r l2tpd-0_69-0_3_20051030_fc5 l2tpd
> >
> > $ cat sources
> > 6ed1d2dc758627426015de8f87654a03  l2tpd-MSL2TP-StopCCN.patch
>
> Additionally, the latest ".cvsignore" in CVS has only the above patch;
> it should have at least the tarball, and probably not the patch.  And
> "sources" contains all the patches in addition to the tarball, I guess
> it should not have the patches in it since they're in CVS.

Hmm, now I am really confused. When my sources file just had the tar ball,
I was told it needed the patches too. Now that it has the patches, i am
told it doesn't need anything but the tar ball.

This errors stems from me not finding documentation on how to properly update
a package with a new patch and version. Since I originally used the cvs-import.sh
script to import a src rpm into my devel/fc4/fc3 branches, as documented on
the website, I had never used the 'make new-sources FILES="filelist"' command
before. Apparnetly I have wrongly used it when just adding the new patch file to the
FILES list, thereby obliterating the checksum of the tarball from 'sources', but
I also did it wrong when i redid new-sources using a full FILES="" list containing
tar ball and all patches.

Could someone tell me, or better yet, write up on the wiki, what is the appropriate
cooking recipe for upgrading your package with an additional patch/source file?

Paul
ps. the same problem exists for another package of mine that needs rebuilding for FC5,
fetchlog.