Documentation request

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Fri Mar 3 16:07:18 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 09:59, Michael Thomas wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >>
> >> Wouldn't
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packages/<foo>
> >> or
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Packages/<foo>
> >> (I would prefer the former)
> >>
> >> be a better place? Just my 2 cent.
> >
> > I dont think so. It just makes access harder for those who are new to
> > the wiki. Just create a new category "CategoryPackages" and make every
> > such page at the root level in this category for keeping track of them.
>
> I saw that you made changes to the xpilot and scorched3d links on the
> /Games page to place packages at the top of the wiki tree (wiki/xpilot).
>  Is there any specific reason that you didn't want to do this for the
> other links on the page?  I'll do it myself if this is the preferred
> structure (which it sounds like it is).

Placing them under /Games (eg. /Games/xpilot) would be preferred.  Please
correct any links or pages that are at the top-level.

> Also, I notice that the Category drop down menu on the wiki edit page
> doesn't contain the CategoryPackages entry.  What's the difference
> between using the dropdown menu to select the page category and adding
> wiki links at the bottom of the page (as is done now)?

There really is no difference.  Creating a CategoryPackages page would create
the item in the list.  I'll take care of that for you.  ;-)

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/