Odd mock build problem

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Mar 6 04:26:53 UTC 2006

KF> Perhaps I have missed something here, but I can see that this
KF> would work fine for local mock builds where you have ruby
KF> installed, but how does it work with the build system? Or does it?

It works because if Ruby isn't there, you get

Requires: ruby

and if Ruby is there, you get

Requires: ruby = x.y.z

The original problem was a set of specfile magic that resulted in

Requires:

if Ruby wasn't present, causing the build to fail.

KF> Perhaps we just need to add ruby to the base build group? Then
KF> this should work.

I think the base group should, if anything, shrink and not grow.
Adding Ruby just to satisfy a few Ruby packages slows down every
single build.

 - J<