non fedora-usermgmt user creation

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Tue Mar 7 05:59:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 13:48 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
>
> > The problem I have with the UserCreation page in the wiki is it provides
> > no non fedora-usermgmt creation alternatives.  And since fedora-usermgmt
> > is not yet in wide adoption I'm very hesitant to use it.
>
> Which in the scope of Fedora Extras is a small/non issue, IMO.  AFAIK,
> fedora-usermgmt acts (almost) exactly like the usual useradd when it's
> not specially configured by end-users.

It also makes the specfile immediately fedora-centric. The second I used
foedora-usermgmt for the puppet package, I had a request to make it
build for CentOS again. It's also not clear to me if replacing something
as central as part of shadow-utils has other ramifications, e.g. for
configuration mgmt tools.

David