non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Wed Mar 8 18:35:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 05:43:55PM +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> An administrator, who want to use the fedora-usermgmt features can write
> packages providing the 'instance(fedora-usermgmt)' and
> 'setup(fedora-usermgmt)' virtual provides. During installation, these
> packages can configure the system to a special baseuid.

And that administrator can install their special package in %post,
then install whatever Fedora packages that don't have hard
requirements on fedora-usermgmt, and they get the behavior you want
without forcing fedora-usermgmt on people who don't want it.

Right now none of my packages even have the option of fedora-usermgmt.
I'd consider adding code like Ville suggested, but I will not add the
hard dependency.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/