Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras development - 2006-03-15

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 15 10:24:22 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 15.03.2006, 10:57 +0100 schrieb Michael Schwendt:
> On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:49:03 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > We really should have a FE5 tree without broken deps when FC5 is
> > launched.
> > >  at-poke    0.2.2-2.i386
> > Not rebuild, orphaned, seems nothing depends on it afaics so why don't
> > we remove it?
> Tried to contact the packager @redhat multiple times. No response.
> Posted about it to -maintainers list. The right person didn't see
> that either or ignored it deliberately.

Okay, then let's remove it from the repo and disable it in cvs if no one
complains in the next 24 hours on this list. Michael, can you do than
then? tia!

> This package was imported and built without an entry in owners.list.
> If that happens more often, maybe we could make the buildsys prohibit
> building packages which don't have a valid owner in owners.list? ;)

Good question. Opinions? Does this step really help and is worth the
effort implementing? Isn't it easier to just say "hey, you imported it
but forgot to update the owners.list -- I did that now and assigned it
to you"?

CU
thl