Python byte compiling question

It seems this happens with every new release; changes in Python and
RPM break my package.  Currently the issue is that I have a script,
/usr/bin/denyhosts.py, which gets byte-compiled after %install when
RPM calls /usr/lib/rpm/brp-python-bytecompile.  This creates
/usr/bin/denyhosts.py[co] which I don't want.

I'm pretty ignorant in how Python handles byte compiling.  Is there
any point in having .pyc/.pyo files in /usr/bin?  I understand the
utility for libraries, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea for
scripts.  Since I can't delete these files, either I have to package
them or %ghost them.  Which is preferable?

 - J<