Fedora's FLOSS principles (was: coverity code checker in Extras)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Sep 1 23:48:30 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 01:13:46AM +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:20:25 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 02:36:43PM +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
> > > The question was more whether we'd be interested to see Coverity
> > > scans for all FE packages.  The *how* we generate the reports
> > > comes later I think...
> > > Let's get to first things first: do we like to get bug reports
> > > uncovered through Coverity ?
> >
> > Do you want your neighbor's Porsche? We'll discuss how you'll get it
> > later on.
>
> You've got your metaphors wrong...

Or you didn't understand the meaning. The metaphor was about blindly
deciding step by step on something without thinking about the
consequences in advance. In the neighbor/porsche case the consequence
would be to take it against his will and land in jail.

Anyway - it's getting off topic. The folks wearing the appropriate
hats have been informed about the issue and can or did decide on how
to best proceed.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net