python: mixing sitearch and sitelib (was: python noarch vs arch)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Sep 2 16:11:56 UTC 2006

OK, here is the original quoting. A user has both arch specific and
non-arch specific parts of a package and needs to decide which parts
to place under sitelib and which under sitearch.

Jesse's (wrong) answer is that if one needs to get into sitearch it
pulls the rest into there, too. It's not about files with the same
name under sitearch and sitelib as Jesse later explained, it's about a
package like python-elementtree and friends that has some parts that
are arch specific and some parts that are not. And there is no need to
move everything to sitearch contrary to Jesse's statement.

Everything clear as mud? Removing too much in quoting generates this
kind of confusion.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net