Christian Iseli's %ghost pyo patrol

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Sep 6 20:08:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:33:41 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I didn't see any mention of it on the list - Christian automated the
> task of finding non-compliant pyo packaging and bugzilla'ing it. This
> is one of the most useful exercises I've seen being done though
> bugzilla. Thanks for you efforts, Christian!
>
> Maybe other global tasks could be handled in a similar fashion like
> the needs.rebuild flag. Having all in bugzilla gives a more complete
> task list per packager.

Sure. I've posted a basic Python script in August's ".pyo files" thread,
which enters bug reports via bugzilla xml-rpc. I've used the same script a
few times already when filing bugs.

Though, for improved automation it needs a backend which adds some kind of
memory about which bugs have been filed before. Else it would be hard to
avoid duplicate reports.