We are evaluating building packages from Fedora Extras for RHEL

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 03:52:49 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 15:57 -0700, Peter Gordon wrote:
> For example, I currently do not use RHEL or any of its no-cost derivates, so I
> would be quite unable to support Scribes or Openbox or other of my packages on
> it. But, say that John Doe Contributor actively used RHEL at home and at his
> workplace (due to its warranty support via paid-for contractual obligations),
> and he really liked Scribes. Could he go through the new contributor process and
> whatnot and maintain just the RHEL branch(es)?

This is the plan.  Currently, people can be co-maintainers but the
infrastructure to assign separate people to bug reports on different
branches, let certain maintainers have write access to a subset of a
package's branches, etc does not exist.  So there's nothing stopping you
from sharing your packages with another packager, but there's some
features which will make it better in the future.

-Toshio