Extras packages queued for removal after (non-)rebuild

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Tue Sep 19 09:09:16 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 07:48, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> If their dependencies are not taken care of soon, they will be removed
> from the *package* repository too.  It doesn't make sense to ship
> uninstallable packages.  As for removing files from the package
> repository vs. the CVS repository, read my mail which started this
> thread.

  It is not as if we are discussing doomsday. :-)

  Previously we had a defined schedule, all packages should have been rebuild
until September 18th. That was fair.

> Even if they are removed from the package repository, it's not the end
> of the world, all that needs to be done is the current maintainer to
> bump+rebuild it or someone to take over and do it.  There's 3 weeks
> until FC6 to sort things like that out.

  How does that plays with the time periods defined in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Policy/AWOL_Maintainers
?

  It seems to me that this case was not considered there.

  Note that I don't oppose this procedure I would like to have clear
guidelines to proceed.

  Is it enough to rebuild the missing packages and only later take ownership
of the packages according to the procedures described in the above page?

  What are the possible solutions?

  I have interest in some of the listed packages, and I would like to fix
their status. At the same time I don't want to step over other packagers
toes.

--
José Abílio