Re: repo layout for EPEL (Re: Initial Proposal for doing Enterprise Extras)

Le dimanche 24 septembre 2006 à 17:36 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis a écrit :

> Thorsten Leemhuis schrieb:
> > But as I said: I thinks it's to complicated. So I put up the
> > following up for discussion - it's just and idea, I'm not really sure
> >  it it doable (or worth realizing):
> >
> > Two devel repos for now:
>
> I've thought about this some more; I think it's to complicated as well.

What I'd really like once the package database happens is Fedora Extra
stratums, with packages being auto promoted/demoted from one stratum to
the other based on :
- time-available in Extras for the package
- time-available in Extras for this version of the package
- number of past and present bugs
- status of the packages depending on this package, status of the
packages it depends on
- user/fedora commitee scoring
- …

with Fedora Core being only stratum zero, and magazines/third-parties
choosing to ship from startum zero upwards

--
Nicolas Mailhot