Initial Proposal for doing Enterprise Extras

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Sep 25 00:31:48 UTC 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:11:12 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> [1] I looked but was unable to find any QA process or QA guideline for
> each package release, within the FE scope of things. Could someone point
> me to this, if it exists ? if not, we're going to need to start writing
> this up. Well before packages actually start building.

There is none. The package review process is the only thing in place, but
only covers packaging issues and does not comment on any run-time
requirements *at all*. There is also no mandatory post-approval reviewing
of updates (think "ABI/API breakage", "regression", "dep breakage" and so
on). Once a package "is in", there are no requirements left. Except that
the packager must not revert any changes required during the review phase,
which violate the packaging guidelines.