Proposal: remove "Java" fom FE comps.xml

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Sep 28 16:33:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 08:04 -0700, Anthony Green wrote:
> I noticed that comps.xml contains both "Java" and "Java Development"
> groups.   I propose that we delete "Java".
>
> 1. It only contains jikes.
> 2. Jikes is a java development tools and should have been in "Java
> Development"
> 3. There's no reason for Jikes to be in FE in the first place and, in
> fact, I believe it's about to be pulled from FE if it hasn't been
> already.

Fixed in comps-fe5.xml.in, and jikes has been orphaned already and
removed from the devel repo indeed, so it'll be garbage collected from
comps-fe6.xml.in along with other packages removed from FE6 soon.

Oh, and no objections to removing the "Java" group if there's no
meaningful content to be add to it.