Review queue/FESCo after the merge

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Nov 18 20:43:05 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 18 novembre 2007 à 09:45 -0500, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:11:00 +0100
> Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>
> > Results from my work:
> > http://www.leemhuis.info/files/fedorarpms/MISC.fdr/proper-fc-cache-calls.diff
> >
> > @FESCo: so what do do with this? Commit and don't build? The package
> > owners should see the commit diff and spot errors if I did any.
>
> I have no problem with that, so long as the Fonts SIG is happy with the
> change.

I stated when I started the SIG I didn't want the glorious leader
position, so I won't pretend I speak for it, and I'll only object for
the three affected packages I maintain or co-maintain.

If this change is to be done I'll insist his author explain and defend
it on the SIG list, then write a formal FPC proposal, and get this
proposal approved all the way up.

This is a "fix"¹ in search of a problem², and while I've been known to
make gratuitous changes to make a point too³, I've limited myself to my
own packages, and I'll appreciate the same restraint in my fellow
Fedorans.

I don't mind people touching my packages, but only if there are actual
problems to fix.

Regards,

¹ That can actually increase the probability bad packages make it
through QA

² One documented failure in rawhide does not count, if we shot
everything that ever went wrong in rawhide little would be left

³ Yes I'm a bastard too.

--
Nicolas Mailhot