Re: [Fedora-fonts-list] Font design

Anne Wilson wrote:
> The reason I got the invitation to the list is because I had commented on the
> lack of decent free handwriting/script fonts.  I have a particular favourite
> closed-source one, and would like to see something similar in a free font.
> The problem is that I haven't a clue how to start.  Does anyone know of a
> reference page that would get a complete newbie to font design started?
>
> Anne

I would suggest the OpenFontLibrary (OFLB) wiki:
http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/Knowledge_Resources
http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/Books

as well as the fontforge tutorial as a good starting poing:
http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/editexample.html

And for handwriting/script open fonts, did you come across these two:
http://stalefries.googlepages.com/fontsbreip
http://perso.orange.fr/jm.douteau/page_ecolier.htm

HTH

--