New Upstream Release of Samyak fonts (samyak-fonts-1.2.0)

Rahul Bhalerao b.rahul.pm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:32:37 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am glad to announce that a major bug fixed and improved version of
Samyak fonts has been released today.
The new version is 1.2.0. I have dropped intermediate versions since
this appeared to be a large enough update.

You may find the latest upstream tarball here:
http://sarovar.org/projects/samyak/

Changelog:

- Resolved Bugs:
- For Samyak_Devanagari.sfd(Thanks to Sandeep Shedmake):
- 899	ligatures on reserved character of devanagari code chart
- 900	rendering problem in samyak devanagari
- 906	Ha + Halant + Ra is not working in Devanagari
- 910	GPOS rules of samyak fonts not working
- 912	problems of rendering
- 914	ra + halant + ka + ai matra
- 915	check the ligatures of ii-matras
- 926	[mr_IN] combiantion va + halant + ra not working properly
- For Samyak_Malayalam.sfd:
- Fixes given by Hiran Venugopalan, Thanks!
- 918	[ml_IN] Wrong combinations are formed with La(0D32)
- 919	[ml_IN] Wrong combinations are formed with Lla(U+0D33)
- 920	[ml_IN] Wrong combinations are formed with Rra(U+0D31)
- Added many glyphs including xRa and half forms
- Few aesthetic enhancements!
- Fix given by Pravin Satpute, Thanks!
- 921	[ml_IN] dotted circle at U+25CC missing
- Updated by me (Licence updates to 'GNU GPLv3 or later with font exception'):
- Samyak_Devanagari.sfd: License updated (Bug 924)
- Samyak_Gujarati.sfd: License updated (Bug 924)
- Samyak_Malayalam.sfd: License updated (Bug 924), Corrected Font Info (header)
- Samyak_Oriya.sfd: License updated (Bug 924)
- Samyak_Tamil.sfd: License updated (Bug 924)
- makedist.sh: Updated in accordance to currently supported scripts.
- Removed few unnecessary files
- Added AUTHORS, README and COPYING files

Thanks,
Rahul Bhalerao.