Call for OpenType fonts! [Was: Re: Fwd: [Fwd: the ivory tower and the bazaar]]

Since we are debating the state of Fedora fonts, I'd also like to add
that Fedora should ship as many OpenType fonts as possible. Why?
Because it (finally!) includes a decent bundle of TeX (texlive), which
contains XeTeX -- a version of TeX that can use advanced OpenType
features directly. XeTeX is still a bit inferior to pdftex in some
respects (no microtypography), but is far easier to use. Yeah, OOo
should get OpenType support too, but I personally don't care much
about it.

FYI: Because Fedora up to release 8 kept including the obsolete tetex,
which I had to patch manually many times, I skipped all Fedoras
between 5 and 9! Anything in between would have been a downgrade for
me after I started manually adding up to date packages to tetex. And
no, I could not just add them locally because they conflicted with the
bundled packages in complex ways, so the old ones had to be deleted --
so no yum update tetex for me.