Fedora 11 font package changes proposal (renames, splits, etc)

Qianqian Fang fangqq at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 23:44:37 UTC 2008

One of the font packages that I am maintaining, wqy-zenhei-fonts, recently
added a monospaced face (WenQuanYi Zen Hei Mono), via ttc. Because
the original sans face and the mono face co-exist in the same font file
(almost the same size as single face ones), so I guess there is no need to
worry about splitting.

Also, android SDK was released in Oct. It contains a very nice unicode
font, Droid Sans Fallback (containing 14000 Hanzi glyphs), and is licensed
under Apache2 license. I am now working on some extension of this font
and hopefully make another WenQuanYi font package for F11.