Packaging questions

Paul Lange palango at gmx.de
Sat Jan 31 17:14:40 UTC 2009

Am Samstag, den 31.01.2009, 17:36 +0100 schrieb Nicolas Mailhot:
> Le samedi 31 janvier 2009 à 12:34 -0300, Paul Lange a écrit :
>
> > Well, created an archive for it.
>
> You should not :p

Oh, misunderstood you but it's clear now.

> %setup has all kinds of magic switches to deal with stuff in special
> archive formats or even outside archive formats (cf the maximum-rpm page
> on macros).
>
> Except for very special reasons, you should always package the files
> upstream provided, without any change or repackaging. And you source
> line should be the full URL to upstream's file (except when it makes
> rpmbuild crap out, in which case a filename with no URL and the original
> URL commented on the above line is the way to go).

I'm a bit lost now. Because it's not an archive I need to pass -T
option. But I found no option to copy the source(file) without
processing. I helped with moving it by myself - but I'm not sure if this
is right:

%setup -q -c -T
install -m 0644 -p %{SOURCE0} .

regards,