Re: Introduction + Start

Free Gamer wrote:
Hi,

My name is Charles Goodwin and I'm the author of Free Gamer (see sig
for URL) which is a blog / list on Free Software games.  It means I
have a ridiculous amount of open sources games to be found in the
depths of my grey cells so hopefully I have some good suggestions for
you.

Hi,

Nice to meet you.

Here's a few to start:

Lost Labyrinth: http://www.lostlabyrinth.com/
(An awesome little GPL game)

As already said (and wrongly disputed) this one needs a proprietary compiler and thus is a no no.

Hex-a-hop: http://libregamewiki.org/Hex-a-hop
(Fun arcade game although homepage is offline)

Might be a good candidate.

Simutrans: http://www.simutrans.com
(Simutrans eventually became GPL licensed last year)

Currently does not have any clearly licensed datafiles.

Regards,

Hans