RFR: GIT Package VCS

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 14:44:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 10:31 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 09:17 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > I'm glad this is started back up.  One thing that amuses me is back
> > before the F7 launch it almost seemed assured that we would all go with
> > mercurial.  This line isn't so clear now, a lot of people have been
> > using git.  It seems our future is either going to be A) do nothing and
> > continue with CVS or B) move to HG or Git.
>
> Yeah, definitely time to start this back up.

And just to make things clear, it's time to start up talking about it,
investigating our options and getting some things rolling.  But that
_doesn't_ mean we should rush things to just get them done based on an
arbitrary deadline.  This is the sort of thing we're going to have to
live with for a long while, so it's better to have it take an extra
release cycle before rolling out and get it right.  Otherwise, we'll
have a revolt on our hands :-)

Jeremy