RFR: GIT Package VCS

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 18:34:32 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 14:29:41 Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Moreover,there have been requests from developers to explicitly *NOT*
> significantly change the development methodology for F8 after the changes
> of F7.

I firmly believe that this is not something we can do by F8 release.  This is
something we need to discuss and strawman and put up proof of concepts and
get more people thinking on it during the F8 cycle and try to implement
during the F9 cycle if possible.

From an inwardly looking perspective, this still fits well as RHEL5 just
shipped and it will be a bit before RHEL6 really starts hitting heavy, so
making a change to internal infrastructure to mirror whats going on in Fedora
during the F9 cycle is still good timing.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora