RFR: GIT Package VCS

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 21:01:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 16:53 -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> This might sound crazy (SUPPORT > 1 SYSTEM, ARE YOU CRAZY?)  Well,
> yes,
> until you realize what you need to do here.  To start with you only
> have
> to teach the rpm build side how pull a specific tag from a specific
> repo.  On the query side we need a browser for each kind, which is a
> bit
> of work, but something I think we need to do anyway.  (i.e. "What
> would
> git do?")

One more thought for people to chew on.  I honestly believe that one of
our roles needs to be to service developers.  Right now we're set up to
service packagers + maintainers.  I want to bring developers into the
fold and give them tools to be more productive.  So what ends up being a
little bit more work for us ends up making developers lives much much
easier.  And that's a total win because it builds our most important
base - those developers.

--Chris