Fedora 7 Upgrade

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 20:27:27 UTC 2007

John Poelstra wrote:

> What are the arguments against "eating our own dogfood" and running on
> FedoraX? I know there are probably good reasons, but thought it would
> be good to get it out in the open as others less informed (like
> myself) will probably ask :)

Its been discussed in previous threads and in this one.  Its about
picking the right tool for the job.  No one wants us to schedule cvs
outages regularly just to upgrade the OS.  The least risky route is to
set stuff like that up with an OS that A) doesn't need to be
re-installed often and B) doesn't need very many updates.  RHEL has far
fewer updates then Fedora and we don't benefit any from running it on
fedora.

    -Mike