Re: Fedora 7 Upgrade

John Poelstra wrote:

What are the arguments against "eating our own dogfood" and running on FedoraX? I know there are probably good reasons, but thought it would be good to get it out in the open as others less informed (like myself) will probably ask :)

Its been discussed in previous threads and in this one. Its about picking the right tool for the job. No one wants us to schedule cvs outages regularly just to upgrade the OS. The least risky route is to set stuff like that up with an OS that A) doesn't need to be re-installed often and B) doesn't need very many updates. RHEL has far fewer updates then Fedora and we don't benefit any from running it on fedora.