speeding up moinmoin page save operations for fp.o wiki

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Mon Jun 11 13:52:01 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Monday, 11. June 2007
16:22:33):
> justin randell wrote:
> > so, do people think i should work in the 1.6 code or the 1.7 code? i
> > note that there is already some work in the 1.7 branch for fedora
> > (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode/2007/VillePekkaVainio),
> > but i'm guessing we might want some results sooner than that?
>
> I wonder why they're working on the 1.7 branch already since 1.5.8 is
> the newest version.  I'd say work on the 1.6 code.  When is 1.7 set to
> be made available?

The main reason is that 1.6 is already stabilizing, Moin won't accept a lot of
new changes anymore. So if I did my work on 1.6, it would probably never go
into mainline (unless ported to 1.7) and Fedora would have to run a branch of
the code. 1.7 is also the version that the Moin GSoC students are working on.

There was a discussion about this on the list last week, see
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2007-June/msg00078.html

According to what I've heard, 1.7 would be available "this year", nothing more
specific.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio
vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi