Fedora Magazine RFR

Anand Capur admin at arcnetworks.biz
Mon Jun 18 17:37:20 UTC 2007

I understand, it will be for my egroupware installation, and maby joomla cms
if needed. The good thing is both are quite secure when installed properly.
Here is the reccomended config for egroupware. (It printed this on my home
comp). And yes we need a completely separate domain.
 Checking required PHP version 4.3+ (recommended 5+): 4.4.7 ==> True
 Checking php.ini: safe_mode = Off: ini_get('safe_mode')='' = Off
 Checking php.ini: magic_quotes_runtime = Off:
ini_get('magic_quotes_runtime')='0'
= Off
 Checking php.ini: register_globals = Off: ini_get('register_globals')='0' =
Off
 Checking php.ini: memory_limit >= 16M: ini_get('memory_limit')=''
 Checking php.ini: max_execution_time >= 30:
ini_get('max_execution_time')='60'
 Checking php.ini: file_uploads = On: ini_get('file_uploads')='1' = On
 Checking php.ini: include_path contain .:
ini_get('include_path')='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'
 Checking php.ini: mbstring.func_overload = 7: ini_get('
mbstring.func_overload')='7'
 Checking extension mysql is loaded or loadable: True
 Checking extension pgsql is loaded or loadable: False
The pgsql extension is needed, if you plan to use a pgSQL database.
 Checking extension odbc is loaded or loadable: False
The odbc extension is needed, if you plan to use a MaxDB, MsSQL or Oracle
database.
 Checking extension oci8 is loaded or loadable: False
The oci extension is needed, if you plan to use a Oracle database.
 Checking extension mbstring is loaded or loadable: True
 Checking extension session is loaded or loadable: True
 Checking extension imap is loaded or loadable: True
 Checking PEAR is installed: 1.5.4
 Checking PEAR::Net_Socket is installed: 999.egw-pear
 Checking PEAR::Auth_SASL is installed: 1.0.2
 Checking PEAR::Net_IMAP is installed: 999.egw-pear
 Checking PEAR::Net_Sieve is installed: 999.egw-pear
 Checking PEAR::HTTP_WebDAV_Server is installed: 999.egw-pear
 Checking PEAR::Log is installed: 999.egw-pear
 Checking for GD support...: True
  Checking file-permissions of . for not world writable: root/root
drwxr-xr-x
This might take a while, please wait ...
 Checking file-permissions of header.inc.php for not world readable:
nobody/nobody -rw-r--r--
header.inc.php is world readable !!!
  Checking if php.ini setting session.save_path='/tmp' is writable by the
webserver: root/root drwxrwxrwt

Thanks,
Anand