Our SCM

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 19:09:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 13:57 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> So there's a great deal of discussion about the Fedora Packaging SCM its
> time we look at the Infrastructure SCM.  We now host cvs, hg, git and
> svn.  For our configuration management we're using for our development.
> For many items we've actually created hosted sites (smolt, mirror
> manager) seems appropriate for these project which, in theory, are
> useful to others.  But what about some of our other development where a
> hosted project would be wasted?  This would be like, kindofblue (our
> wiki theme) or a plone plugin.  We're using cvs for this right now in
> the fedora repo.  I think we should do some clean up on this repo but
> while we're doing its good to evaluate whether or not to move to
> something else or to continue using it.

There are other things where we've set up repos (generally under the
hosted space but not always) that also don't need the full "hosted"
treatment.  And being able to continue doing so is very valuable.

And it will become even more needed as we get things moved from elvis ->
fp.org.  Having a "hosted" project is overkill for a lot of the things
there, but they definitely need some SCM bits.

Jeremy