Fedora Magazine RFR

Anand Capur admin at arcnetworks.biz
Wed Jun 20 18:13:05 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> full

> > > eGroupware (which I will package for Fedora if needed).
>
> What is eGroupware used for in the magazine?
>
> > You'll need to get it into Fedora.
> > >    * Web Server: Apache 2.2.4
> > >    * PHP 5.2.2
>
> We don't need Joomla or any other PHP CMS.  We are using Plone for CMS,
> it can handle all of what the other ones can.  Bonus -- you benefit from
> the Fedora knowledge and hacking on Plone, versus doing it all yourself.
>
> > I don't mean to rain on your parade but this is a very lofty goal, I'd
> > recommend working with the docs team and see if you can get some more
> > support, http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Magazine.
>
> Anand has general support for his idea, via f-marketing-l, but he is
> definitely going a bit in his own direction.  This is not necessarily a
> bad thing -- if he has the energy to grow the contributors and sustain
> the momentum, we'll all learn a few things.
>
> My recommendation is for Fedora Magazine to be a SIG operating within
> the Fedora News Project.  Right now, FWN is the sole output of Fedora
> News, but that doesn't have to be.  So, Fedora Magazine would be a peer
> output effort.
>
> IMHO, an effort needs at least SIG status before it should get precious
> Infrastructure resources.  If we get to the point where Xen instances
> can be handed out like Halloween candy, then that changes.  Right?
>
> - Karsten
> --
>    Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project
> Sr. Developer Relations Mgr.     |  fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject
>    quaid.108.redhat.com           |          gpg key: AD0E0C41

 Thanks! We do need a real CMS, not a Wiki. I already ditched Joomla and I
think i'll use plone. I'm sorta experienced with it and like you said I can
use the knowledge already gained from the main site installation of plone.
eGroupWare is how we will track the projects, articles, progress, calendar,
etc....