ticket system comments

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Fri Jun 22 17:31:29 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 18:40 +0200, Nils Breunese wrote:
>> seth vidal wrote:
>>
>>> I was going to suggest we make a mailing list:
>>> admin-request at fedoraproject.org - maybe alias it to something
>>> simple.
>>> When messages come in we do the following:
>>>
>>> 1. see if we know how to solve it and have time to do it immediately
>>> 2. If you don't know how to solve it or don't have the time, open a
>>> bugzilla item about it on a product-to-be-created and thrown the
>>> bugzilla entry back to the list and the poster
>>>
>>> This way, the simple things that don't really need a ticket don't
>>> get
>>> one and the hard things that do need a ticket do get one.
>>
>> If someone sends a request to that mailinglist, how do we make sure
>> it gets handled (eventually)? If no one acts, what happens? Is there
>> someone checking whether everything is either solved directly or made
>> into a bugzilla entry?
>
> Is there any guarantee of this in the ticketing system we have now?
>
> no.

That's true, but a ticket system will tell you what issues are still
unhandled, whereas email does not.

> The only guarantee is that someone is watching their email. Same as
> with
> the ticket system, really.

But someone could be watching either the ticket system (or the
mailinglist if we go with that) and maybe notify people to make sure
at least the most important issues get handled or something. I think
the ticket system is currently not working for FI because nobody is/
feels responsible for what goes on in there. I don't know if the
mailinglist/Bugzilla hybrid will improve this situation.

Nils Breunese.