smolt, hardware compatibility and package stats

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Sun Jun 24 00:30:51 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> What do folks think of extending smolt into more of a system profiler
> including optionally collecting information on installed packages?

I'm on the fence about this but would put package information lower in
priority then some of the ratings system stuff.  Mugshot is doing some
package stuff already.

> What's the status of adding hardware compatibility information with
> smolt as blogged in http://wtogami.livejournal.com/16659.html?
AFAIK we didn't find anyone so -ENOTIME.  This will sit under "wouldn't
it be nice" until we get someone to do it.  I have one intern doing some
smolt stuff but I've not heard back from him in a while.  It is on the
roadmap though - https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt/roadmap

    -Mike