Wiki localization: patch wiki, or work with current tools ?

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Jun 28 10:32:31 UTC 2007

O/H Paulo Santos έγραψε:
> Here is my suggestion for the time being...
> We will need to add this for each language that its fully translated in
> the wiki

FWIW, our wiki *does* support localization through simple Language dictionaries.
See:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FrenchDict

At a point you can spot:

  FedoraMain :: fr_FR/FedoraPrincipal

That line is used to automatically redirect a french browser to the french main
page of the wiki.

Our concern is how to present a language box for each page, showing links to the
other versions of the same page. This is somewhat the opposite of the above
language-based method, and would require for each page reload to scan all
language dictionaries and present only those that have the dictionary entry for
the particular page.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos